What is Butter Chicken?
Butter chicken is also known as Murgh Makhani, butter chicken is an Indian gravy originated from the the north of India and it was created by Kundan Lal Gujral who is a chef based in new Delhi, he was the founder of the restaurant chain called Moti Mahal Delux. Its cooking style is Indian Cuisine, it is similar to a tikka.
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 5 members.
Ingredients for Chocolate Brownie:
- Chicken 500gms
- Hung curd
- Lemon Juice
- Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Garam Masala
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Tomato (5)
- cooking Oil
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Kasuri Methi
- Fresh Cream 1/4 cup
Steps to prepare Chocolate Brownie:
- Hung the curd in a cheesecloth and squeeze to remove the whey
- Take a bowl add washed chicken pieces, add hung curd, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 cumin powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice, mix all these things and let it marinate for 60 minutes
- Score a cross using a knife on the bottom and top side of tomato and cook it in boiling water for 45 seconds to remove the skin, blend the tomatoes in a mixer grinder to make tomato puree
- Heat oil in a pan or a normal and cook the chicken until it is done
- Add tomato puree in a frying pan and cook it for 5 minutes until most of the water has evaporated, add butter and chilli powder and cook for 1 more minute
- Add kasuri methi, salt and garam masala powder, after 30 seconds, add fresh cream and stir
- The gravy is now ready, add the chicken pieces and serve immediately.
- Calories- 460
- Total fat- 35 g
- Saturated fat- 16 g
- Total carbohydrate- 12 g
- Protein- 26 g
- Cholesterol- 130 mg
- Sodium- 1208 mg
- Dietary Fiber- 1.6 g
- Iron- 10%
- Calcium- 2%
- Vitamin C- 10%
- Vitamin A-IU – 38%.
Facts about Butter Chicken:
- Do you know Butter chicken is an accidental dish by Kundal Lal Gujral made with remaining Tandoori chicken and tomato gravy
- The World butter chicken day is celebrated on 20th October
- There are about 200 calories in 100 grams of butter chicken
- Butter chicken have a high-fat content because of the presence of cream and butter present in butter chicken
- Butter chicken is a high protein meal, about 10% to 35% of the total calories of a health diet should be obtained from protein.
Sujith Raj, a writer and nutritionist, specializes in reporting news related to food, health and fitness. His expertise also extends to health and fitness, where he provides insights and reports any news in these domains. With over 3 years of experience, Sujith is a trusted source for well-informed analysis in the fields of nutrition, health, fitness, and food. For inquiries or information on these topics, feel free to contact him at: email@example.com