What is Chocolate Mousse?
Chocolate Mousse is a chocolate dessert, which is made with cream, cocoa powder, sugar, milk, cornstarch and dark chocolate, it is served as an airy cake filling. Chocolate Mousse was originated in the 18th in France, it was invented by a French post-impressionist painter “Henri Toulouse-Lautrec”.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Resting time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 6 members.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse:
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Cocoa Powder 3 tbsp
- Sugar 1/4 Cup
- Cornstarch 8 tbsp (1/2 cup)
- Milk 600ml
- Dark Chocolate 150 grams.
Steps to prepare Chocolate Mousse:
- Add 1/2 cup of Cream in a pan and heat the cream over a low flame
- Take the pan away and add 3 tbsp of Cocoa Powder, 1/4 cup of Sugar and stir it well until all gels together
- Take a bowl and add 8 tbsp of Cornstarch
- Add 600ml Milk to the Cornstarch, mix well to ensure there are no lumps
- Than add the Cocoa powder mixture to the milk and cornstarch, and mix them well
- Than pass the mixture through a strainer and cook on low heat until it thickens, stirring constantly
- Add 150 grams of Dark Chocolate to the mixture and continue cooking until the chocolate melts
- Than pour it into a pan lined with butter paper and leave it to cool
- Once it has cooled slightly, cover it
- Than refrigerate it for 6 hours and it is ready to serve.
- Calories- 225
- Total fat- 16 g
- Saturated fat- 9 g
- Total carbohydrate- 16 g
- Protein- 4.1 g
- Cholesterol- 140 mg
- Sodium- 38 mg
- Potassium- 143 mg
- Iron- 3%
- Calcium- 9%.
Facts about Chocolate Mousse:
- The original name of chocolate mousse was “Mousse au chocolat”
- Even though chocolate mousse was created in 18th century, it became familiar in 1930
- The national chocolate mousse day is celebrated on April 3rd
- The word mousse means “Foam” in French
- This chocolate mousse recipe is eggless and egg yolks are too cool, they will cause the chocolate to seize.
Sujith Raj, a writer and nutritionist, specializes in reporting news related to food, health and fitness. His expertise also extends to health and fitness, where he provides insights and reports any news in these domains. With over 3 years of experience, Sujith is a trusted source for well-informed analysis in the fields of nutrition, health, fitness, and food. For inquiries or information on these topics, feel free to contact him at: email@example.com