Nidec has released plans to establish a joint venture with Brazilian jet manufacturer Embraer to enter the flying vehicle motor business. The joint venture, called Nidec Aerospace, will be headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and will develop and produce elements for electric flying vehicles.
Nidec will hold a 51% share in the joint venture, with Embraer holding the remaining 49%. Initially, Nidec Aerospace will concentrate on manufacturing propulsion systems for electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicles and aims to supply these systems to other aircraft in the future.
The demand for electric flying vehicles is anticipated to boost as the aeronautics industry seeks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The global flying auto market is projected to reach ¥60.8 billion ($429 million) in 2025 and could reach around ¥ 185 trillion by 2050. The joint venture will supply products to Embraer’s flying car subsidiary, Eve Air Mobility.
Japanese electric motor maker Nidec Corporation joins labor forces with Brazilian aerospace empire Embraer to establish a groundbreaking joint venture. This collaboration, known as Nidec Aerospace, aims to revolutionize urban mobility and meet the growing demand for electric flying vehicles. With plans to manufacture components for electric vertical take- off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, Nidec and Embraer are set to shape the future of transportation.
Details About Flying Cars (For R&D)
- About Nidec Corporation (Official Website)
- About Embraer Corporation (Official Website)
- What is an eVTOL?
- What is Electric propulsion?
- Other Companies Working in Flying Cars
The Nidec and Embraer Joint Venture
Nidec Aerospace emerges as a significant landmark in the evolution of flying cars, a concept that has long captivated our imaginations. Nidec, renowned for its expertise in electric motor production, and Embraer, a crucial player in the aerospace industry, combine their strengths to produce a new company devoted to manufacturing parts for this innovative mode of transportation. This joint venture signifies a shared vision to transform urban mobility and usher in a new era of aerial transportation.
The demand for electric flying vehicles is on the rise as the aviation industry seeks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and upgrade sustainability. eVTOL vehicles, similar to drones, use battery power for vertical take- off and landing, offering implicit results to business traffic and transportation effectiveness in densely populated cities.
The global flying car market is anticipated to witness substantial growth, reaching an estimated value of ¥60.8 billion($ 429 million) by 2025 and a stunning ¥ 185 trillion by 2050, according to the Yano Research Institute. Nidec Aerospace aims to tap into this mounting market by developing and manufacturing electric propulsion systems for eVTOL vehicles.
The joint venture between Nidec and Embraer solidifies their commitment to innovation and positions them as leaders in the electric aerospace industry. Nidec will hold a majority share of 51 in Nidec Aerospace, reflecting its extensive experience and leadership in the electric motor industry.
Embraer, with its profound aerospace knowledge and manufacturing capabilities, will contribute with a 49 share, ensuring a robust foundation for the new venture. The combined expertise of these two industry giants creates an ideal community for pioneering advancements in flying auto technology.
To drive innovation and beat technological challenges, Nidec and Embraer are committed to investing in research and development. While the exact capital amount has not been disclosed, reports suggest a significant investment of 20 billion yen($141.02 million) over the coming five years.
Top Sources Regarding Nidec and Embraer Joint Venture (For R&D)
Aviation International News:
Joshua is a car reviewer and an car enthusiast with a love for automobiles. His analysis and reviews cover a wide range of vehicles, from luxurious sports cars like the Porsche 911 to practical SUVs like the Toyota RAV4. As a skilled journalist and editor, Joshua also excels in covering sports news, including the latest in football, such as the UEFA Champions League, cricket with events like the ICC Cricket World Cup, basketball featuring the NBA, and baseball, such as the MLB World Series, alongside all other sports worldwide. For inquiries or information on these topics, feel free to contact him at: email@example.com