The Secret: A Book by Rhonda Byrne
- Title: The Secret
- Author: Rhonda Byrne
- Publisher: Atria Books; Beyond Words Publishing on November 2006
- Length: 224 pages
- Height: 184 mm
- Weight: 247 g
- Genre: Self help book
Summary about The Secret
So, what is the secret? The secret is the law of attraction and this means is that your thoughts are magnetic and attract similar frequency thoughts and events, and thus everything that happens to you is brought to you by your own thoughts. Lets look at the author’s own life story as example of the secret at work. So Rhonda was in a very tough situation, she just lost her father and was really struggling with the relationships in her family and at work. When she was given a hundred year old book which contained fragments of the secret. This inspired her to research and find out more and more about the secret. and while researching she had a vision to make a film using the principles of the secret. She hired a film crew and flew to America, where most of the teachers of the secret lived. She did this without having any of the teachers confirmed to be in her movie, and while in America events and people were magnetized to her and this created the secret in just seven weeks. With 52 teachers agreeing to be in the movie.
How to apply the law of attraction in our life? This involves three main steps:
- Asking: You have be clearly define what it is you want. When you want to be rich, but the desire to be rich is not specific enough, as there is no clear measure to know when you have achieved this goal, a better desire would be to set some specific amount you wish to achieve.
- Believing: You need t believe that the universe will give you that which you asked for, this is said to be the hardest step and some tips to help with this process are visualization, which involves either at night or in the morning, visualizing having the thing you have asked for. And secondly giving that which you asked for, but you have got to give from the feeling of abundance and not as a means to an end.
- Receiving: Receiving involves acting as if you have that which you have asked for, this steps to reinforce the belief that you will receive that which you ask. This does not necessarily mean going out and buying that for Ferrari you want, but could do all the things around what you would have to do after you had the Ferrari like checking how much insurance will cost and where you are going to do your services.
Tips to Understand the secret:
- The universe doesn’t understand, i don’t. For instance, when you are running late you mustn’t think, I don’t want to be late, because this will keep all your focus and energy on the lateness and thus draw it to you. Instead you should focus on a positive like I am going to be early and this can be applied to all aspects of life from personal issues, such as not focusing on the health problems, but the good aspects of your health to world issues such as, instead of focusing on anti war movements you focus on promoting peace movements.
- Emotions indicate thoughts. So if your struggling to figure out what thoughts you are having at nay given time, you can always use your emotions as guide to what you are thinking, as you cannot have negative emotions and positive thoughts. And thus your emotions can be a early warning system to indicate when your negative.
- Using secret shifters. Secret shifters are anything that plus you in a good mood, whether its music, thinking about a loved one or one of your favorite places. And then whenever you catch yourself with negative thoughts, you use one of your secret shifters to help improve your mood and bring the positive thoughts back.
- Make sure your thoughts, words and actions are aligned with what you want, for example from the book Rhonda talks about one of her clients, who was trying to apply the secret without much success. He is an artist who is constantly surrounded by beautiful woman, but can never get any of them to go out with him. And his desire was to have many short term relationships and while discussing these problems at his house, she noticed that he had a lot of paintings that had women with their backs turned, when she asked him about these paintings he said they were all over his house because he really liked this style. The author suggested that he changed these paintings, as these paintings were sending him message that he won’t be noticed and rather have paintings that align with what he wanted. When Rhonda saw him six months later. he told her that he had done what she said and that it worked miraculously and he was dating a different woman every week. This shows you how easy it is for what you want and what you do to not align and one must be aware of the thoughts which may be limiting them.
Lessons or takeaways from the book the secret
- Love is the ultimate emotion.
- Gratitude is Magnetic.
- Have the courage to see your dreams.
- Remember that you are what you think.
- Focus on your positive attitude.
- Consider it done.
- Strengthen your faith through your actions.
- Listen to your inner voice.
- Create a positive mantra that will help you keep moving for ward.
- Fix your mind on the things you want to achieve.
Quotes from the book the secret
- Every idea from your thoughts is the real thing, it’s strength.
- Your thoughts become things.
- I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy.
- You are the Michelangelo of your own life. The David you are sculpting is you.
- You have the power to change anything because you are the one who chooses your thoughts and you are the one who feels your feelings.
- There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstance of life can change.
- Remember that your thoughts are the primary cause of everything.
- Your life will change as you begin to change your thoughts and feelings.
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.
- Instead of focusing on the world’s problems, give your attention and energy to trust, love, abundance, education and peace.
About Rhonda Byrne
Rhonda Byrne was born on 26 August 1945, in Melbourne, Australia. She has two children. She began her career as a radio producer before moving into television production. She worked as an executive producer for television, with credits including Oz encounters, UFO’s in Australia in 1997, Sensing murder: Easy street in 2003, Loves me, loves me not in 2003 and one episode of sensing murder in 2004. After the death of her father in 2004, Rhonda Byrne became very depressed. At the instigation of her daughter Hailey, she read the science of getting rich by Wallace D Wattles. She discovered positive thinking, the laws of attraction, and how to find further success in life. Hence, she started doing research on the subject and the project of the “The Secret” was born. In 2006 her work took a very different direction and Rhonda Byrne became an Australian television writer and producer and she released the Secret documentary film, viewed by millions across the planet. She followed with the Secret book, a worldwide best seller available in more than 50 languages with over 34 million copies in print. She wrote several sequels to the book, including the power, the magic and hero, as well as other books that relate to the secret.
This book is one of the best Self help book and a perfect life guide for success, This book deals about the law of attraction and the secret to get successful. This book is 100% recommendable, We personally recommend you to read this book to know the secret of living a happy and successful life. The rating for this book is (4.5/5).
Manoj Kumar, a Writer, book reviewer, book enthusiast, and an authority on self-improvement and the history of Asia and the world. With more than 7 years of experience in these Domains, he provides valuable insights and up-to-date developments in the world of literature, personal growth, and historical narratives, establishing himself as a trusted source. To contact him for inquiries or reviews, please reach out at: email@example.com